Merchant invests in community life-savers

A number of communities across Hampshire will have 24/7 access to a life-saving defibrillators thanks to investment from local builders merchant, Elliotts.

Defibrillators with 24-hour access have been installed outside Elliotts branches in Southampton, Ringwood, Lymington and Portsmouth.

Elliotts branches in Fareham, Bishop’s Waltham, Chandler’s Ford, Christchurch, Romsey, Tadley, Totton and Winchester have defibrillators located in-branch available to the local community during opening hours.

The potentially life-saving devices can increase the cardiac arrest survival rate to between 60-70%, with normal CPR giving just an 10% chance. Elliotts employees with one of the new 24 hour access defibrillatorsIf defibrillation occurs within 1 minute of the victim collapsing, they have a 90% chance of survival. The installation of defibrillators within local communities may prove a vital resource.

The investment from Elliotts comes after first aid refresher training highlighted the importance of defibrillators.

“It was easy to see how vital these machines can be in terms of the potential to save the life of an employee, customer or anyone nearby to an Elliotts that may need one.”, said Tom Elliott, Managing Director of Elliotts.

“I’m pleased that our investment will benefit all the communities in our 13 locations.”



To find out more, visit

About Elizabeth Jordan

I'm the Assistant Editor on BMJ. If you have any product or people information, or some news you'd like to share, please feel free to email me.

Check Also

PHMI July 2023 Infographic Higlights

PHMI reveals positive year-on-year for plumbing and heating

The Plumbing and Heating Merchant Index report indicates sales for July 2023 through specialist plumbing …