The BMF has launched second stage of its national appeal to support the people of Ukraine, building on the BMF JustGiving page, which has already raised more than £20,000.
After receiving information from its builders merchant colleagues in Ukraine, the BMF is co-ordinating the donation of vital goods, which are urgently required on the ground. The BMF has carefully selected a charity in Coventry, ‘Feed The Hungry’ which has the capability to ensure much needed warm clothing and other essential items reach the right people. Feed the Hungry has dedicated warehousing facilities, logistics into Romania and Poland, and years of experience in delivering vital aid.
The charity has already transported over 40 tonnes of items to two warehouses in Poland and Romania, which has been distributed out to centres and community groups helping refugees from Ukraine.
The charity is currently collating a shipment of:
- Thermal Clothing
- Torches, lamps and first aid kits
- Baby items
- Household items
- Food items (including tinned and jarred goods, dry foods, cereals)
Anyone who wishes to donate any items can send them to:
BMF Head Office 1180 Elliott Court, Coventry Business Park
Coventry, West Midlands
For further information please contact Hannah Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To donate money to help the people of Ukraine, the dedicated BMF Just Giving page is still available to raise vital funds at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/builders-merchants-federation-ltd
– £10 could provide essential hygiene supplies for one person for one month
– £20 could provide emergency food for one person for one month
– £50 could provide blankets for 4 families to keep them warm
– £80 could provide essential hygiene supplies for 8 people for one month
– £100 could provide emergency food to a family of 5 for one month
– £300 could provide blankets for 24 families to keep them warm
You can keep up to date with the latest news and developments by visiting www.bmf.org.uk/Ukraine_Appeal