Bradfords Building Supplies, the oldest builders’ merchant in the UK and number one builders’ merchant in the South West has today launched its Spring Campaign, which this year has the slogan ‘Get Spring Done’. As Bradford’s celebrates its 250th anniversary, it’s made a substantial marketing investment to kick off its most significant campaign of 2020.
As important to the builders’ merchant industry as Christmas and Black Friday are to consumer retailers, Spring marks the start of Bradfords Building Supplies’ major trading period. To mark this season, over the course of the last few years Bradfords has been busy building a reputation within its sector for bold Spring campaigns, with previous slogans including ‘No Bull, Just Spring Deals You Won’t Believe’ and ‘That Must Be B*******s’. This year is no exception, with ‘Get Spring Done’.
David Young, chief executive officer of Bradfords Building Supplies, said, “The buzz of excitement in the air is tangible. We know from previous years just how important it is to run a campaign that both our customers and the team in our branches can get behind. Despite the unprecedented times we’re currently living in, we have never been better prepared, better trained and better staffed than we are today. This campaign is about obsessing over customer service and all that that entails; clear pricing, great stock holding, doing what we say we will do, managing customer expectations on delivery and saying YES to local business.”
Bradfords is celebrating its 250th birthday in 2020 and the company, which recently won Independent Builders Merchant of the Year at the BMA awards, had a turnover of £150 million in 2019 and currently employs 700 staff across 42 branches.
The ‘Get Spring Done’ campaign is now being activated across Bradfords’ estate:
- Each branch will be provided with a variety of posters in support of the campaign and flyers have been distributed across all sites
- There will be advertisements on radio, buses, Bradfords’ fleet of vehicles will be donning the slogan and Bradfords CEO David Young will even have the Get Spring Done branding on his car
- You’ll also see advertising on billboards, posters, mobile billboards and in-branch pop-up banners
- Campaign t-shirts will be given to staff and available as merchandise for customers
- In addition, there will be radio advertising and Bradfords’ range of online channels, including its website and social media platforms, will help to fully integrate the Get Spring Done campaign
The Spring Campaign catalogue is available here