Covers Timber & Builders Merchants is aiming to raise £30,000 for hospices across the south of England during the company’s annual Help for Hospices week.
Between September 12-16, Covers’ 14 depots will be fundraising for 11 hospices that provide vital care and support to people in the communities where they operate.
The builders merchant will be contributing £5 for every transaction made during the week and has pledged £20,000 to the campaign.
Additionally, on September 12, each of Covers’ depots will be inviting people to an anniversary themed bake-off, to tie in with the company’s 175th birthday celebrations, which are taking place throughout this year. The sweet and savoury treats will be made by the branch teams and judged by a representative from each depot’s local hospice, who will be raising awareness about the work their charity does. The bake-off entries will then be sold or auctioned to customers, the local communities and staff with all proceeds going towards the final fundraising amount.
Rupert Green, chairman of Covers, said: “Since we held our first Help for Hospices week in 2015, we have given more than £185,000 to the chosen charities. All the hospices we support rely on donations to ensure they can continue to offer essential care and support to the communities they serve.
“We’re delighted to be holding our seventh Help for Hospices week and, in advance, we would like to thank everyone who joins us to support our fundraising.”
The hospices being supported by Covers are:
- Demelza Hospice Care for Children in Eltham, London
- Hospice in the Weald in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Martlets Hospice in Brighton, East Sussex
- Mountbatten Hospice in Southampton, Hampshire
- Naomi House & Jacksplace in Winchester, Hampshire
- Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice in Farnham, Surrey
- Rowans Hospice in Waterlooville, Hampshire.
- St Barnabas Hospices in Worthing, West Sussex
- St Catherine’s Hospice in Crawley, West Sussex
- St Peter & St James Hospice in Lewes, East Sussex
- St Wilfrid’s Hospice in Bosham, West Sussex